A drummer has a lot of responsibilities when it comes to their roll in music production. Other than keeping the beat, they set the groove for the song and their focus guides the whole band. For this reason and many other important reasons it is imperative for drummers to have a headphone that is not only comfortable but will also allow them block out distracting noises and protect your hearing. Whether you go with the most expensive or least expensive the only factor that matters is do they get the job done. We have included the best headphones for drumming on the market right now.
BEST OVER THE EAR HEADPHONES FOR DRUMMERS
- Neodymium magnets and 40mm drivers for powerful, detailed sound
- Closed-ear design provides comfort and outstanding reduction of external noises
- 9.8-foot cord ends in gold-plated plug; 1/4-inch adapter included
- Folds up for storage or travel in provided soft case
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 20 kHz
- 9.8-foot coiled cord and it is not deatachable
- Closed, diffuse-field studio headphone, Bass reflex technology for improved bass response
- Made-in-Germany with 2 year parts and labor warranty
- Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft-padded headband construction
- Robust, easy serviceable construction as all parts are replaceable
- 40mm neodymium driverand extended highs.
- Closed-back, circumaural design for superior isolation in noisy environments
- Adjustable, collapsible headband provides comfort and portability
- Replaceable earcup pads ensure long product life
- 9.8-foot (3.0 m) coiled detachable cable
- Carrying Bag protects headphones when on the go or not in use
KAT PERCUSSION KTUI26
- Passive isolation, no batteries required
- Reduces external noise by 26dB. Frequency response 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Lightweight and durable construction
- Adjustable padded headband & Large foam ear cushions for maximum comfort
- 1/8" stereo headphone jack with 1/4" adapter
VIC FIRTH ISOLATION HEADPHONES
- Designed to protect musicians from the high sound levels associated with their instruments
- Drastically reduces the level of external sound reaching the ear
- Valuable protection from potential damage
- Automatically self-aligning for perfect fit. 6FT Straight cord.
- Broad foam cushions provide maxium comfort
Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone
The MDR7506 are praised by many for their comfort and noise reduction. They are equipped with 40mm drivers that deliver a powerful sound. These at regular volume are much louder than most headphones and does not distort at high volumes. The over ear design of the 7506’s does a great job at blocking external harsh sounds. The chord is 9.8 feet and is coiled which is a good amount of slack when plugging them in and out at a studio or on a gig. At under $90 they compete with (and beat out) most headphones easily at the $300+ level.
Beyerdynamic DT-770-M-80 Closed Headphones
These closed back headphones are excellent and reducing ambient noise. The sound quality of these are superb and have a high sound pressure level (105DB). The soft skin pads are comfortable the adjustable spring steel headband allows great comfort for long wearing times. You do receive a volume control on the 10 foot cable as well.
Shure SRH840 Professional Monitoring Headphones
Shure makes a series of great mics, in ear monitors and headphones. They breath music and it shows in their development of the SRH840’s. At under $200 you get a lot of bang for your buck. Equipped with 40mm neodymium drivers that are optimized for studio recording and critical listening. These are also closed back to provide super isolation even in some of the noisiest environments. The headband is collapsible so not only are the comfortable but also portable. The ear cups are replaceable and the 9.8 foot cable is detachable. These are personally one of my favorites on the list.
BEST IN EAR HEADPHONES FOR DRUMERS
MEE AUDIO M6 PRO
- Universal-fit noise-isolating in-ear monitors perfect for use on and off the stage
- Studio-tuned sound with crystal clarity and deep bass
- Comfortable and secure in the ear with detachable cables for added durability
- Headset cable features mic, remote, and volume control for use with smartphones and tablets
- Includes protective carrying case, Comply foam ear tips, 6 sets of silicone ear tips, and extra cable; 1-Year manufacturer’s warranty
- Easily and quickly molded to the exact shape of your ears,
- Double Seal Technology ensures superior noise isolation and sound quality.
- Shaping the Decibullz thermoplastic molds is easy! Simply heat the molds in hot water, snap them onto the earphones, and shape them to your ears. When done you will have a perfect fitting earphone made just for you!
- Decibullz are also re-moldable so you can keep molding them until you get the exact fit you are looking for.
ETYMOTIC RESEARCH MC3
- 3 button in-line microphone control
- Reinforced 4 ft cable; High-gloss, polished anodized aluminum finish
- Tight bass, clear mids, and crisp highs--hear all of your music as it was meant to be heard.
- Includes assorted eartips, filter removal tool and replacement filters, carrying pouch
- Manufacturer’s warranty provided for products purchased from authorized resellers
WESTONE UM PRO20
- Professional IEM with the range and output for any stage condition
- Up and Over cable routing helps prevent micro phonics and keeps the earphone securely in place
- 25dB of ambient noise reduction
- Recommended for bass players, drummers and worship bands
- Includes: EPIC replaceable cable, premium comfort tips, mini-monitor vault, cleaning tool, and 2-year warranty
GRANVELA A8 DUAL DRIVER EARBUDS
- Powerful Dual Dynamic Drivers for Premium Sound. A high level of sound isolation for immersive audio with extended bass response
- Conforms to the shape of the ear for comfortable and secure fit. The memory wire securely holds its shape so the earphones won't fall out on-stage or on-the-go
- The detachable gold plated connectors are designed so in the event your wire were to fray or break you need only to replace the wire vs a new pair of earbuds
- Includes - 1 pair of Foam Ear tips, 3 pairs of Silicone Ear tips, 1 Detachable Cable; 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Decibullz – Contour Custom Fit Earphones
These guys may look a little weird but they are one of the best in ear options for drummers. The earbuds are literally molded to your ear. The earbuds come with thermoplastic that you heat in hot water. You then put them on your earphones and shape them to your ear. Decibullz are re-moldable so you can keep on remolding them till they fit your ear perfectly. The double seal technology provides great noise isolation.
Etymotic Research MC3 Noise Isolating In-Ear Headset
Other than being great noise isolating in ears the MC3’s also have some of the best sound out of any of the headphones. The clarity is amazing and the balance between bass, mids and highs is impressive. These also have 3 button in line microphone and controls. The MC3’s come with multiple eartips so you can find the ones that work for your ears.
MEE audio M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones
The Mee Audio M6 Pro’s are a great attempt at creating an earbud with the musician in mind. These universal fit noise isolating earbuds are great on or off the stage. They come with sets of foam and silicon eartips so you can find one that fits your ears. Once you do you will be able to have these in for hours. You also receive an extra detachable cable for the earbuds. The cable also has mic and remote capabilities. These have some of the best sealing out of any of the earbuds on the list. Once in you really don’t hear much letting you focus on your click or music in your earbuds.